A Revelation given to Joseph (K.,) in Harmony, Pennsylvania, May,
1829, informing him how he must do, to be worthy to assist in the work
of the Lord.
- A Great and marvelous work is about to come forth among the children
of men: behold I am God, and give heed to my word, which is quick and
powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of
both joints and marrow: therefore, give heed unto my word.
- Behold the field is already white already to harvest, therefore whoso
desireth to reap, let him thrust his sickle with his might, and reap
while the day lasts, that he may treasure up for his soul everlasting
salvation in the kingdom of God: Yea, whosoever will thrust in his sickle
and reap, the same is called of God: therefore, if you will ask of me
you shall receive; if you will knock it shall be opened unto you.
- Now as you have asked, behold I say unto you, keep my commandments,
and seek to bring forth and establish the cause of Zion.
- Behold I speak unto you, and also to all those who have desires to
bring forth and establish this work, and no one can assist in this work,
except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope and charity,
being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be intrusted to his
- Behold I am the light and life of the world, that speaketh these words:
therefore, give heed with your might, and then you are called: Amen.