A Revelation given to David, in Fayette, New-York, June, 1829.
- A Great and marvelous work is about to come forth unto the children
of men: behold I am God, and give heed to my word, which is quick and
powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of
both joints and marrow: therefore, give heed unto my word.
- Behold the field is white already to harvest, therefore, whoso desireth
to reap, let him thrust in his sickle with his might, and reap while
the day lasts, that he may treasure up for his soul everlasting salvation
in the kingdom of God: Yea, whosoever will thrust in his sickle and
reap, the same is called of God: therefore, if you will ask of me you
shall receive; if you will knock it shall be opened unto you.
- Seek to bring forth and establish my Zion.--Keep my commandments in
all things, and if you keep my commandments, and endure to the end,
you shall have eternal life; which gift is the greatest of all the gifts
- And it shall come to pass, that if you shall ask the Father in my
name, in faith believing, you shall receive the Holy Ghost, which giveth
utterance, that you may stand as a witness of the things of which you
shall both hear and see; and also, that you may declare repentance unto
- Behold I am Jesus Christ the Son of the living God, which created
the heavens and the earth; a light which cannot be hid in darkness:
wherefore, I must bring forth the fulness of my gospel from the Gentiles
unto the house of Israel. And behold thou art David, and thou art called
to assist: Which thing if ye do, and are faithful, ye shall be blessed
both spiritually and temporally, and great shall be your reward: Amen.