A Commandment unto the church of Christ, which was established in
these last days, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and
thirty; Given in Fayette, New-York, April, 1830, in consequence of some
desiring to unite with the church without re- baptism, who had previously
- Behold I say unto you, that all old covenants have I caused to be
done away in this thing, and this is a new and everlasting covenant;
even that which was from the beginning.
- Wherefore although a man should be baptized an hundred times, it availeth
- For you cannot enter in at the straight gate by the law of Moses,
neither by your dead works;
- For it is because of your dead works, that I have caused this last
covenant, and this church to be built up unto me; even as in days of
- Wherefore enter ye in at the gate, as I have commanded, and seek not
to counsel your God.--Amen.