A Revelation to Oliver, given in Fayette, New-York, September, 1830.
- Behold I say unto you, Oliver, that it shall be given unto thee,
that thou shalt be heard by the church, in all things whatsoever thou
shalt teach them by the Comforter, concerning the revelations and commandments
which I have given.
- But behold, verily, verily I say unto you, no one shall be appointed
to receive commandments and revelations in this church, excepting my
servant Joseph, for he receiveth them even as Moses:
- And thou shalt be obedient unto the things which I shall give unto
him, even as Aaron, to declare faithfully the commandments and the revelations,
with power and authority unto the church.
- And if thou art led at any time by the Comforter to speak or teach,
or at all times by way of commandment unto the church, thou mayest do
- But thou shalt not write by way of commandment, but by wisdom:
- And thou shalt not command him who is at thy head, and at the head
of the church, for I have given him the keys of the mysteries and the
revelations which are sealed, until I shall appoint unto them another
in his stead.
- And now, behold I say unto you, that you shall go unto the Lamanites
and preach my gospel unto them, and cause my church to be established
among them. And thou shalt have revelations but write them not by way
- And now behold I say unto you, that it is not revealed, and no man
knoweth where the city shall be built, but it shall be given hereafter.
- Behold I say unto you, that it shall be on the borders by the Lamanites.
- Thou shalt not leave this place until after the conference, and my
servant Joseph shall be appointed to rule the conference by the voice
of it, and what he saith to thee, that thou shalt tell.
- And again, thou shalt take thy brother Hiram between him and thee
alone, and tell him that those things which he hath written from that
stone are not of me, and that satan deceiveth him:
- For behold these things have not been appointed unto him:
- Neither shall any thing be appointed unto any of this church contrary
to the church covenants, for all things must be done in order and by
common consent in the church, by the prayer of faith.
- And thou shalt settle all these things according to the covenants
of the church before thou shalt take thy journey among the Lamanites.
- And it shall be given thee from the time that thou shalt go, until
the time that thou shalt return, what thou shalt do.
- And thou must open thy mouth at all times declaring my gospel with
the sound of rejoicing.--Amen.