A Revelation to Thomas, given in Fayette, New-York, September, 1830.
- Thomas, my son, blessed are you because of your faith in my work.
- Behold you have had many afflictions because of your family: nevertheless
I will bless you, and your family:
- Yea, your little ones, and the day cometh that they will believe and
know the truth and be one with you in my church.
- Lift up your heart and rejoice for the hour of your mission is come;
and your tongue shall be loosed: and you shall declare glad tidings
of great joy unto this generation.
- You shall declare the things which have been revealed to my servant
- You shall begin to preach from this time forth; yea, to reap in the
field which is white already to be burned:
- Therefore thrust in your sickle with all your soul; and your sins
are forgiven you; and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your back,
for the laborer is worthy of his hire.
- Wherefore your family shall live.
- Behold, verily I say unto you, go from them only for a little time,
and declare my word, and I will prepare a place for them; yea, I will
open the hearts of the people and they will receive you.
- And I will establish a church by your hand; and you shall strengthen
them and prepare them against the time when they shall be gathered.
- Be patient in afflictions, and in sufferings, revile not against those
- Govern your house in meekness, and be steadfast.
- Behold I say unto you, that you shall be a physician unto the church,
but not unto the world, for they will not receive you.
- Go your way whithersoever I will, and it shall be given you by the
Comforter what you shall do, and whither you shall go.
- Pray always, lest you enter into temptation, and loose your reward.
- Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you.
- These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ,
your Redeemer, by the will of the Father. Amen.