A Revelation to Edward, given in Fayette, New-York, December, 1830.
- Thus saith the Lord God, the mighty One of Israel, behold I say unto
you, my servant Edward, that you are blessed, and your sins are forgiven
you, and you are called to preach my gospel as with the voice of a trump;
and I will lay my hand upon you by the hand of my servant Sidney, and
you shall receive my Spirit, the Holy Ghost, even the Comforter, which
shall teach you the peaceable things of the kingdom:
- And you shall declare it with a loud voice saying, Hosanna, blessed
be the name of the most high God.
- And now this calling and commandment give I unto all men, that as
many as shall come before my servant[s] Sidney and Joseph, embracing
this calling and commandment, shall be ordained and sent forth to preach
the everlasting gospel among the nations, crying repentance, saying,
Save yourselves from this untoward generation, and come forth out of
the fire, hating even the garment spotted with the flesh.
- And this commandment shall be given unto the elders of my church,
that every man which will embrace it with singleness of heart, may be
ordained and sent forth, even as I have spoken.
- I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God:
- Wherefore gird up your loins and I will suddenly come to my temple;
even so: Amen.