A Revelation to the churches in New-York, commanding them to remove
to Ohio, given in Fayette, New-York, January, 1831.
- Thus saith the Lord your God, even Jesus Christ, the Great I AM,
Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the same which looked upon
the wide expanse of eternity, and all the seraphic hosts of heaven,
before the world was made, the same which knoweth all things, for all
things are present before mine eyes:
- I am the same which spake and the world was made, and all things came
- I am the same which hath taken the Zion of Enoch into mine own bosom:
- And verily I say, even as many as have believed on my name, for I
am Christ, and in mine own name, by the virtue of the blood which I
have spilt, have I plead before the Father for them:
- But behold the residue of the wicked have I kept in chains of darkness
until the judgement of the great day, which shall come at the end of
the earth, and even so will I cause the wicked to be kept, that will
not hear my voice but harden their hearts, and wo, wo, wo is their doom.
- But behold, verily, verily I say unto you, that mine eyes are upon
you; I am in your midst and ye cannot see me, but the day soon cometh
that ye shall see me and know that I am:
- For the vail of darkness shall soon be rent, and he that is not purified
shall not abide the day:
- Therefore gird up your loins and be prepared.
- Behold the kingdom is yours and the enemy shall not overcome.
- Verily I say unto you, ye are clean but not all; and there is none
else with whom I am well pleased, for all flesh is corruptible before
me, and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth, among the children
of men, in the presence of all the hosts of heaven, which causeth silence
to reign, and all eternity is pained, and the angels are waiting the
great command, to reap down the earth, to gather the tares that they
may be burned:
- And behold the enemy is combined.
- And now I show unto you a mystery, a thing which is had in secret
chambers, to bring to pass even your destruction, in process of time,
and ye knew it not, but now I tell it unto you, and ye are blessed,
not because of your iniquity, neither your hearts of unbelief, for verily
some of you are guilty before me; but I will be merciful unto your weakness.
- Therefore, be ye strong from henceforth; fear not for the kingdom
- And for your salvation I give unto you a commandment, for I have heard
your prayers, and the poor have complained before me, and the rich have
I made, and all flesh is mine, and I am no respecter to persons. And
I have made the earth rich, and behold it is my footstool: wherefore,
again I will stand upon it:
- And I hold forth and deign to give unto you greater riches, even a
land of promise; a land flowing with milk and honey, upon which there
shall be no curse when the Lord cometh, and I will give it unto you
for the land of your inheritance, if you seek it with all your hearts:
- And this shall be my covenant with you, ye shall have it for the land
of your inheritance, and for the inheritance of your children forever,
while the earth shall stand, and ye shall possess it again in eternity,
no more to pass away:
- But verily I say unto you, that in time ye shall have no king nor
ruler, for I will be your King and watch over you.
- Wherefore, hear my voice and follow me, and you shall be a free people,
and ye shall have no laws but my laws, when I come, for I am your Lawgiver,
and what can stay my hand.
- But verily I say unto you, teach one another according to the office
wherewith I have appointed you, and let every man esteem his brother
as himself, and practice virtue and holiness before me.
- And again I say unto you, let every man esteem his brother as himself:
- For what man among you, having twelve sons, and is no respecter to
them, and they serve him obediently, and he saith unto the one, be thou
clothed in robes and sit thou here; and to the other, be thou clothed
in rags and sit thou there, and looketh upon his sons and saith I am
- Behold, this I have given unto you a parable, and it is even as I
am, I say unto you, be one; and if ye are not one, ye are not mine.
And again I say unto you, that the enemy in the secret chambers, seeketh
- Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say in your hearts there
will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts
of them in your own land:
- I tell you these things because of your prayers:
- Wherefore, treasure up wisdom in your bosoms, lest the wickedness
of men reveal these things unto you, by their wickedness, in a matter
which shall speak in your ears, with a voice louder than that which
shall shake the earth:
- But if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear.
- And that ye might escape the power of the enemy, and be gathered unto
me a righteous people, without spot and blameless:
- Wherefore, for this cause I gave unto you the commandment, that ye
should go to the Ohio: and there I will give you my law, and there you
shall be endowed with power from on high, and from thence, whomsoever
I will shall go forth among all nations, and it shall be told them what
they shall do, for I have a great work laid up in store:
- For Israel shall be saved, and I will lead them whithersoever I will,
and no power shall stay my hand.
- And now I give un[t]o the church in these parts, a commandment, that
certain men among them shall be appointed, and they shall be appointed
by the voice of the church; and they shall look to the poor and the
needy, and administer to their relief, that they shall not suffer; and
send them forth to the place which I have commanded them; and this shall
be their work, to govern the affairs of the property of this church.
And they that have farms, that can not be sold, let them be left or
rented as seemeth them good.
- See that all things are preserved, and when men are endowed with power
from on high, and are sent forth, all these things shall be gathered
unto the bosom of the church.
- And if ye seek the riches which it is the will of the Father to give
unto you, ye shall be the richest of all people, for ye shall have the
riches of eternity:
- And it must needs be that the riches of the earth is mine to give:
- But beware of pride, lest ye become as the Nephites of old.
- And again: I say unto you, I give unto you a commandment, that every
man both elder, priest, teacher and also member, go to with his might,
with the labor of his hands, to prepare and accomplish the things which
I have commanded.
- And let your teachings be the warning voice, every man to his neighbor,
in mildness and in meekness.
- And go ye out from among the wicked. Save yourselves.
- Be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord; even so: Amen.