A Revelation to James (C.,) given in Fayette, New-York, January,
- Hearken and listen to the voice of him who is from all eternity to
all eternity, the Great I AM, even Jesus Christ, the light and the life
of the world; a light which shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth
- The same which came in the meridian of time unto my own, and my own
received me not; but to as many as received me, gave I power to become
my sons, and even so will I give unto as many as will receive me, power
to become my sons.
- And verily, verily I say unto you, he that receiveth my gospel, receiveth
me; and he that receiveth not my gospel, receiveth not me.
- And this is my gospel: Repentance and baptism by water, and then cometh
the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost, even the Comforter, which showeth
all things, and teacheth the peaceable things of the kingdom.
- And now behold I say unto you, my servant James, I have looked upon
thy works and I know thee:
- And verily I say unto thee, thine heart is now right before me at
this time, and behold I have bestowed great blessings upon thy head:
- Nevertheless thou hast seen great sorrow, for thou hast rejected me
many times because of pride, and the cares of the world:
- But behold the days of thy deliverance are come.
- Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on my name
and you shall receive my Spirit, and a blessing so great as you never
have known. And if thou do this, I have prepared thee for a greater
- Thou shalt preach the fulness of my gospel which I have sent forth
in these last days; the covenant which I have sent forth to recover
my people, which are of the house of Israel.
- And it shall come to pass that power shall rest upon thee; thou shalt
have great faith and I will be with thee and go before thy face.
- Thou art called to labor in my vineyard, and to build up my church,
and to bring forth Zion, that it may rejoice upon the hills and flourish.
- Behold, verily, verily I say unto thee, thou art not called to go
into the eastern countries, but thou art called to go to the Ohio.
- And inasmuch as my people shall assemble themselves to the Ohio, I
have kept in store a blessing such as is not known among the children
of men, and it shall be poured forth upon their heads.
- And from thence men shall go forth into all nations.
- Behold, verily, verily I say unto you, that the people in Ohio call
upon me in much faith, thinking I will stay my hand in judgment upon
the nations, but I can not deny my word:
- Wherefore lay to with your might and call faithful laborers into my
vineyard, that it may be pruned for the last time.
- And inasmuch as they do repent and receive the fulness of my gospel,
and become sanctified, I will stay mine hand in judgment:
- Wherefore go forth, crying with a loud voice, saying, The kingdom
of heaven is at hand; crying Hosanna! blessed be the name of the most
- Go forth baptizing with water, preparing the way before my face, for
the time of my coming; for the time is at hand:
- The day nor the hour no man knoweth, but it surely shall come, and
he that receiveth these things receiveth me; and they shall be gathered
unto me in time and in eternity.
- And again, it shall come to pass, that on as many as ye shall baptize
with water, ye shall lay your hands, and they shall receive the gift
of the Holy Ghost, and shall be looking forth for the signs of my coming,
and shall know me.
- Behold I come quickly; even so: Amen.