A Revelation to the bishop, and the church in Kirtland, given in
Kirtland, Ohio, March, 1831.
- It is necessary that ye should remain, for the present time, in your
places of abode, as it shall be suitable to your circumstances;
- And inasmuch as ye have lands, ye shall impart to the eastern brethren,;
- And inasmuch as ye have not lands, let them buy, for the present time,
in those regions round about, as seemeth them good, for it must needs
be necessary that they have places to live for the present time.
- It must needs be necessary, that ye save all the money that ye can,
and that ye obtain all that ye can in righteousness, that in time ye
may be enabled to purchase lands for an inheritance, even the city.
- The place is not yet to be revealed, but after your brethren come
from the east, there are to be certain men appointed, and to them it
shall be given to know the place, or to them it shall be revealed; and
they shall be appointed to purchase the lands, and to make a commencement,
to lay the foundation of the city;
- And then ye shall begin to be gathered with your families, every man
according to his family, according to his circumstances, and is appointed
to him by the bishop and elders of the church, according to the laws
and commandments, which ye have received, and which ye shall hereafter
receive; even so: Amen.