A Revelation to Sidney (G.,) given in Kirtland, Ohio, June, 1831.
- Behold I say unto you, my servant Sidney, that I have heard your
prayers, and you have called upon me, that it should be made known unto
you, of the Lord your God, concerning your calling, and election in
this church, which I the Lord have raised up in these last days.
- Behold I the Lord, who was crucified for the sins of the world, giveth
unto you a commandment, that you shall forsake the world.
- Take upon you mine ordinances, even that of an elder, to preach faith
and repentance, and remission of sins, according to my word, and the
reception of the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands.
- And also to be an agent unto this church in the place which shall
be appointed by the bishop, according to commandments which shall be
- And again, verily I say unto you, you shall take your journey with
my servants Joseph and Sidney.
- Behold these are the first ordinances which you shall receive:
- And the residue shall be made known unto you in a time to come, according
to your labor in my vineyard.
- And again, I would that ye should learn that it is he only who is
saved, that endureth unto the end; even so: Amen.