A Revelation to Newel (K.,) and the church in Thompson, given in
Kirtland, Ohio, June, 1831.
- Behold, thus saith the Lord, even Alpha and Omega, the beginning
and the end, even he who was crucified for the sins of the world.
- Behold, verily, verily I say unto you, my servant Newel, you shall
stand fast in the office wherewith I have appointed you:
- And if your brethren desire to escape their enemies let them repent
of all their sins, and become truly humble before me and contrite:
- And as the covenant which they made unto me, has been broken, even
so it has become void and of none effect;
- And wo to him by whom this offence cometh, for it had been better
for him that he had been drowned in the depth of the sea;
- But blessed are they who have kept the covenant, and observed the
commandment, for they shall obtain mercy:
- Wherefore, go to now and flee the land, lest your enemies come upon
- And take your journey, and appoint whom you will to be your leader,
and to pay moneys for you.
- And thus you shall take your journey into the regions westward, unto
the land of Missouri, unto the borders of the Lamanites.
- And after you have done journeying, behold I say unto you, seek ye
a living like unto men, until I prepare a place for you.
- And again, be patient in tribulation until I come:
- And behold I come quickly, and my reward is with me, and they who
have sought me early, shall find rest to their souls; even so: Amen.