A Revelation to certain elders, while journeying to the land of
Zion, given on the bank of the Missouri river, August, 1831.
- Behold and hearken, O ye elders of my church, saith the Lord your
God; even Jesus Christ, your advocate who knoweth the weakness of man
and how to succor them who are tempted:
- And verily mine eyes are upon those who have not as yet gone up unto
the land of Zion:
- Wherefore your mission is not yet full:
- Nevertheless ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne,
is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon, and they rejoice
over you; and your sins are forgiven you.
- And now continue your journey.
- Assemble yourselves upon the land of Zion, and hold a meeting and
rejoice together, and offer a sacrament unto the Most High;
- And then you may return to bear record;
- Yea, even all together, or two by two, as seemeth you good;
- It mattereth not unto me, only be faithful, and declare glad tidings
unto the inhabitants of the earth, or among the congregations of the
- Behold I the Lord have brought you together that the promise might
be fulfilled, that the faithful among you should be preserved and rejoice
together in the land of Missouri.
- I the Lord promised the faithful, and cannot lie.
- I the Lord am willing, if any among you desireth to ride upon horses,
or upon mules, or in chariots, shall receive this blessing, if he receive
it from the hand of the Lord, with a thankful heart in all things.
- These things remain with you to do according to judgment and the directions
of the Spirit.
- Behold the kingdom is yours.
- And behold, and lo I am with the faithful always; even so: Amen.